I love that summer’s right around the corner.
Because with that comes fresh fruits, veggies and grilling season! Yay! The farmer’s markets will be popping up and I can wait to start making all the tasty summer salads. I think I’ve had peaches on the brain for weeks (remember this recipe and this one?), which is probably why this Summer Salad with Peaches and Mozzarella immediately caught my eye! With its beautiful peaches, creamy cheese, and peppery arugula, this salad is sure to be a hit!
Sweet, fresh peaches are the star of this salad.They pair perfectly with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar. This recipe can be made a summertime favorite by grilling the peaches first. To grill, just slice the peaches in half, remove the pit, brush the cut side lightly with olive oil and place cut-side down on a grill for a few minutes, just long enough to leave grill marks. Cool slightly, slice, and serve!
- 8 cups arugula (or mixed salad greens)
- 2 medium ripe peaches, sliced
- 1 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Place arugula on a large serving plate.
- Top with peaches and cheese.
- Drizzle salad evenly with oil and vinegar.
- Serve immediately.